Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers make the most of available programs and services.
Livermore Sanitation Outreach
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Goes in the Garbage?
- What Goes in the Recycling?
- What Goes in the Organics?
- What Goes in the Organics? (food-service edition)
- What happens to my garbage?
- What happens to my recyclables?
- What happens to my organics?
- December 2013 Newsletter (Composting Holiday Food Scraps, Holiday Tree Collection Information, Holiday Collection Schedule, Holiday Waste Reduction, Service Reminders)
- September 2013 Newsletter (Grant $ Available, Green Purchasing, Holiday Schedule, Hazardous Waste Disposal and more)
- June 2013 Newsletter (StopWaste Business Partnership, Junk Mail Reduction, Food Scraps Program)
- March 2013 Newsletter (Green Business Program, what belongs in the blue cart/bin, free desk-side recyclables containers)
- December 2012 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction, Holiday Tree Composting, Holiday Service Schedule, Reusable Bag Ordinance, Service Reminders)
- September 2012 Newsletter (Organics Program Tools, Taqueria Consuelito saves money, Reusables Campaign and Workshop, Service Reminders)
- June 2012 Newsletter (US Foods reduces and recycles, Reusable Bag Ordinance, Junk Mail Reduction, and CFL Disposal)
- March 2012 Newsletter (Mandatory Commercial Recycling, Recognition for Recycling, Organics Reminders, and Hazardous Waste Disposal)
- December 2011 Newsletter (Holiday Waste Reduction & Christmas Tree Collection)
- September 2011 Newsletter (Starting a Food Scraps Program, Recycling Reminders, and the Styrofoam Ban)
- June 2011 Newsletter (Reducing Your Garbage Bill, Desk-Side Recycling Containers, and Food Scraps Program)
- March 2011 Newsletter (Commercial Organics Program, Bulky Item Collection, and Bay Area Green Business Program)
- December 2010 Newsletter (Saving Money & Reducing Holiday Waste)
- September 2010 Newsletter (Serving our Community & StopWaste.org's Reusable's Campaign)
- November 2013: Service Reminders and Holiday Schedule
- August 2013: Free Desk-Side Recycling Containers & Fluorescent Lighting Disposal
- May 2013: Reusable Packaging Options & Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
- February 2013: Recycling At Work Is Now The Law
- November 2012: Holiday Service Reminders and the Reusable Bag Ordinance
- August 2012: Free Help with Mandatory Recycling and Becoming a Green Business
- May 2012: Food Scrap and Recycling Collection Containers
- February 2012: Reusable Packaging Options & Large Item Disposal
- December 2011: Container Lids Must Close and Dispose of CFLs Properly
- September 2011: Free Containers Make Food Scrap Collection Easy!
- June 2011: Debris Box Service and Hazardous Waste
- March 2011: Handling Cardboard Boxes and Making Recycling Convenient
- December 2010: Recycle Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG)
StopWaste.Org works with the City of Livermore and all other cities within Alameda County to provide updated recycling, reuse and purchasing outreach materials and programs. Many of StopWaste.Org’s outreach materials are listed among the Helpful Links listed below. To see all available materials and order hard copies, visit www.StopWaste.Org
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Stop Waste— Visit the BUSINESS & INDUSTRY section for information about available funding, environment-friendly purchasing, the landfill bill on green waste, and more.
- Cal Recycle
- Livermore Public Works
- California Department of Conservation
- Enivronmental Protection Agency
- Reusable Transport Packaging Saves Your Company Money & Resources
- Reusables 101: Reusable Transport Packaging