Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste & E-Waste Programs
Household Hazardous Waste Has Its Place… And it’s not inside any Livermore Sanitation collection cart or bin.
Please bring hazardous items to Alameda County’s local collection facility. Drop-off is free. Visit StopWaste.org/hhw for information.
StopWaste accepts the following Hazardous items:
- Household & automotive batteries
- Pool & Photo chemicals
- Toxic cleaning products
- Mercury-containing items (thermometers & fluorescent lamps for example)
- Medications (click here for additional information and safe disposal sites).
- Sharps/Needles (must be properly contained). Please click here for information of Sharps/Needles disposal.
- Automotive fluids (used motor oil and filters can also be taken to any certified collection center. For a list of local centers, visit www.CalRecycle.ca.gov. Be sure to call the center for hours and instructions.
E-Waste Disposal Options
Talk to your property manager/owner about arranging a special pickup. Click here to see a listing of Alameda County Haz Waste Events.