Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers to make the most of available programs and services.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Keep the Recyclable Stream Clean! Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- AB 827 Guidelines
- AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
- June 2020: COVID-19 Resources for Businesses, We are Here to Help!, Thank you For Your Efforts!, Proper Sorting Keeps Garbage out of the Recyclables and Recyclables out of the Landfill, Reduce Unwanted Paper, Holiday Service Schedule.
- March 2020: Recycling is Mandatory Resource are Available!, Dispose of Hazardous Waste Responsibly, Eco-friendly Policies and Practices for Your Business, Holiday Service Schedule.
- December 2019: Real Holiday Trees are a Renewable Resource, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Organics Cart or Bin, Tips to “Think Green” This Holiday Season, Holiday Service Schedule.
- September 2019: Reuse and Reduce at Your Business!, Holiday Service Reminder, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Recycling and Composting are Required, Recycle Right!, Service Tips.
- June 2019: Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean! Improve Your Recycling and Organics Collection Programs – We Can Help! ReThink Disposables, Web Resources, and Holiday Collection Schedule.
- March 2019: Straws Upon Request, Reduce Plastic Pollution, Mandatory Recycling, Get the Most Out of Your Recycling Program, Properly Dispose of Hazardous Waste, Holiday Service Schedule
- December 2018: Think Green This Holiday Season, Food Scraps Belong in the Green Bin, Recycling Reminder, Holiday Service Schedule, Holiday Tree Collection Info.
- SPECIAL COMMERCIAL ORGANICS EDITION: Keep your Organics Clean!
- September 2018: Recycle Right!, Recycling and Composting is Required-We can Help!, Holiday Service Reminder, Service Tips, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Close the Loop with Environmentally Preferable Purchasing.
- June 2018: Keep your Recyclables Stream Clean! Help is Available, Reduce Paper Waste, Smart Kitchen Initiative, No Styrofoam, Rethink Disposable Technical Assistance Program and Holiday Service Schedule.
- March 2018: Recycling is Mandatory-We can Help!, 5 Tips for Program Success, StopWaste Grant Program, Holiday Service Schedule, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- August 2020: AB 827 requirements, Keep the Recycling Stream Clean, Avoid Wishcycling and We Can Help With Compliance!
- May 2020: We Support Our Community – Steps You Can Take to Help Keep Everyone Safe!
- February 2020: Alameda County Has Two Mandatory Recycling Ordinances & Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, We Can Help!
- November 2019: Recycling is Mandatory, Holiday Service Schedule
- October 2019: Special Commercial Insert: California Green Business Network $500 Rebate, Service Reminders.
- August 2019: Keep the Recyclables Clean! Proper Sorting Makes a Difference
- May 2019: California Green Business Program & Interior Recycling Containers
- February 2019: There are two Mandatory Recycling Ordinances – We can help!
- November 2018: Recycling is Mandatory for Businesses and Holiday Service Schedule
- August 2018: Avoid Wishcycling! Recycling is Required! We Can Help!
- May 2018: Bay Area Green Business Program and Free Collection Containers
- April 2018 (Wishcycling Spring Postcard)
- February 2018: Do Not Merge. Separate Your Trash. Assistance is Available!
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
- Indoor container guide and worksheet
- AB 827 Information & Resources for Food-Service Businesses
Commercial Organics Monitoring Program
Usable Food Donations
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information