Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers to make the most of available programs and services.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- What Belongs in the Organics? (special food-service edition)
- June 2018: Keep your Recyclables Stream Clean! Help is Available, Reduce Paper Waste, Smart Kitchen Initiative, No Styrofoam, Rethink Disposable Technical Assistance Program and Holiday Service Schedule.
- March 2018: Recycling is Mandatory-We can Help!, 5 Tips for Program Success, StopWaste Grant Program, Holiday Service Schedule, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- December 2017: Holiday Leftovers Belong in Your Green Organics Cart or Bin, Earth-Friendly Holiday Tips, Food Waste Prevention Tips, Recycling Reminders, Holiday Tree Collection Schedule, Holiday Service Schedule.
- September 2017: Environmentally Responsible Packaging, Service Tips, Mandatory Recycling, Holiday Service Reminder, Are Reusables Right For You?, Close the Loop!
- June 2017: Reusable Bag Ordinance, Takeout Containers, Skip the Straw, Smart Kitchen Initiative, Mandatory Recycling Compliance Assistance and more!
- March 2017: Recycling is Mandatory, Tips for Program Success, Assistance Available on the Web, Holiday Service Schedule, Dispose of Hazardous Waste Responsibly
- November 2016: Mandatory Organics Recycling Ordinance & Thanksgiving Holiday Service Schedule
- September 2016: (Are Reusables Right for You?, Mandatory Recycling Ordinance, Service Tips,
Holiday Schedule and more!)
- June 2016 Newsletter: (Why Recycle?, Grants Available, Quantity Quotes, Service Reminders, and more)
- March 2016 Newsletter: (Mandatory Recyclables & Organics Compliance, Where to Find Compliance Assistance, Free Collection Containers, Hazardous Waste Disposal, and more)
- December 2015 Newsletter: (Holiday Leftovers Belong in the Organics, Green Business Program, Christmas Tree Drop-Off, Holiday Schedule, Service Reminders, and more)
- September 2015 Newsletter: (Sustainable Purchasing, Holiday Schedule, Service Tips, and more)
- June 2015 Newsletter: (Grants Available, Skip the Straw, Service Reminders, and more)
- March 2015 Newsletter: (5 Ways to Continue Program Success, Recyclables & Organics Assistance, Free Collection Containers, Hazardous Waste Disposal, and more)
- August 2018 Avoid Wishcycling! Recycling is Required! We Can Help!
- May 2018: Bay Area Green Business Program and Free Collection Containers
- April 2018 (Wishcycling Spring Postcard)
- February 2018: Do Not Merge. Separate Your Trash. Assistance is Available!
- November 2017: Mandatory Recycling: We Can Help! and Holiday Service Schedule
- August 2017: Mandatory Organics Recycling Ordinance and Green Purchasing
- May 2017: Free Recyclables Containers and Bay Area Green Business Program
- February 2017: Mandatory Recycling Ordinance & Help with Compliance
- August 2016: Mandatory Organics Recycling Ordinance & Green Purchasing
- May 2016: Debris Box Service and Hazardous Waste Disposal
- February 2016 Insert: Mandatory Recycling Rules & Assistance
- November 2015 Insert: Holiday Collection & Invitation to Facebook
- August 2015 Insert: Recycling Conserves Water
- May 2015 Insert: Free Collection Containers and Reducing Junk Mail
Usable Food Donations
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information