Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers to make the most of available programs and services.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- What Belongs in the Organics? (special food-service edition)
- Keep the Recyclable Stream Clean! Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- June 2019: Keep the Recyclables Stream Clean! Improve Your Recycling and Organics Collection Programs – We Can Help! ReThink Disposables, Web Resources, and Holiday Collection Schedule.
- March 2019: Straws Upon Request, Reduce Plastic Pollution, Mandatory Recycling, Get the Most Out of Your Recycling Program, Properly Dispose of Hazardous Waste, Holiday Service Schedule
- December 2018: Think Green This Holiday Season, Food Scraps Belong in the Green Bin, Recycling Reminder, Holiday Service Schedule, Holiday Tree Collection Info.
- SPECIAL COMMERCIAL ORGANICS EDITION: Keep your Organics Clean!
- September 2018: Recycle Right!, Recycling and Composting is Required-We can Help!, Holiday Service Reminder, Service Tips, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Close the Loop with Environmentally Preferable Purchasing.
- June 2018: Keep your Recyclables Stream Clean! Help is Available, Reduce Paper Waste, Smart Kitchen Initiative, No Styrofoam, Rethink Disposable Technical Assistance Program and Holiday Service Schedule.
- March 2018: Recycling is Mandatory-We can Help!, 5 Tips for Program Success, StopWaste Grant Program, Holiday Service Schedule, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste
- May 2019: California Green Business Program & Interior Recycling Containers
- February 2019: There are two Mandatory Recycling Ordinances – We can help!
- November 2018: Recycling is Mandatory for Businesses and Holiday Service Schedule
- August 2018: Avoid Wishcycling! Recycling is Required! We Can Help!
- May 2018: Bay Area Green Business Program and Free Collection Containers
- April 2018 (Wishcycling Spring Postcard)
- February 2018: Do Not Merge. Separate Your Trash. Assistance is Available!
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
Commercial Organics Monitoring Program
Usable Food Donations
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information