Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help commercial customers to make the most of available programs and services.
Contact us to order hard copies.
- Commercial Recycling Guide
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Keep the Recyclable Stream Clean! Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- AB 827 Guidelines
- AB 827 Multilingual Brochures
- Searchable listing of items that belong in each cart
What happens to my recyclables?
- September 2022: Reuse & Reduce Waste at Your Business, Help us Provide Safe and Efficient Service, Holiday Service Reminder, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Recycling and Composting are Required – We Can Help!
- August 2022: Collection Program Requirements, Sorting Starts with You!, Avoid Wishcycling, California Regulation Compliance Help.
- March 2022: Prevent Food Waste, Senate Bill 1383 – What Does This New Law Mean for my Business?, Make the Most of Your Recycling Program, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, and Hazardous Waste Drop-In Program for Businesses.
- December 2021: New California Compost & Recycling Law for Businesses and Multi-family Properties, Senate Bill 1383 – What Does this Law Mean for My Business or Multi-Family Property?, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Organics Cart or Bin, Real Holiday Trees are a Renewable Resource, Holiday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule.
- September 2021: Reuse and Reduce Waste at Your Business, Holiday Service Reminder, Help Us Provide Safe and Efficient Service, Are Reusables Right for Your Business?, Recycling and Composting are Required – We Can Help!
- June 2021: Right Size Your Service Levels, Waste Reduction Assistance Available on the Web, The Rethink Disposable Program, Smart Kitchen Initiative, and the Holiday Service Schedule.
- March 2021: Prevent Food Waste, Did You Know? Food Donation, If It Rots, Green is the Spot, Make the Most of Your Recycling Program, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Proper Disposal of Hazardous Waste, and Holiday Service Schedule
- February 2023: Senate Bill 1383, recycling is required – we can help with compliance!
- January 2023: SB 1383 – California’s Compost and Recycling Law for Businesses and Multifamily Properties
- November 2022: Recycling is Mandatory for Businesses and The 2022 Holiday Collection Service Schedule.
- May 2022: The California Green Business Program & Recycling is Required Under SB 1383-We Can Help!
- February 2022: SENATE BILL 1383: NEW STATE LAW AFFECTS ALL GENERATORS OF ORGANIC WASTE – We can Help!
- January 2022: New Recycling Law, Senate Bill 1383
- November 2021: Recycling is Mandatory for Businesses – We Can Help! Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2021: Collection Program Requirements, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference, Avoid Wishcycling, We Can Help With Posters, Trainings, and More!
- May 2021: California Green Business Network. Indoor Recycling Containers.
Resources for Businesses and Multi-Family Properties
- Indoor container guide and worksheet
- AB 827 Information & Resources for Food-Service Businesses
Commercial Organics Monitoring Program
Usable Food Donations
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information