Multi-Family Annual Clean Up
A Special Collection Service offered at Multi-Family Residences
This program is designed to discourage abandoned waste and increase customer satisfaction by providing tenants with a convenient collection option for miscellaneous garbage that cannot be collected through regular weekly collection services.
PLEASE NOTE: This program is NOT designed to collect bulky items, construction and demolition, or landscaping materials. Special arrangements for these materials are required and charges apply.
- The Multi-Family Annual Clean Up is a no-charge annual cleanup program offered to multi-family residential complexes once per twelve (12) month period.
- Additional cleanup services may be scheduled but applicable charges apply.
- Place miscellaneous garbage inside the debris box provided at the predetermined location.
- Review the list of acceptable items below.
- Avoid overfilling the debris box and leaving items outside of the box. The box is full once materials reach the height of the box. The box will be emptied and returned as needed during your cleanup week.
- Contact your property manager or owner if you need to dispose of any items that aren’t accepted in this program. Charges may apply.
- Do not place hazardous materials like electronic waste, automotive parts and fluids, batteries, paint, medications, sharps, wood that has been treated with chemical preservatives, and pressurized tanks inside the debris box. For information on free disposal of there and other items, contact the Alameda County Household Hazardous Waste Program at 800-606-6606 or visit StopWaste.org.
REMEMBER TO REUSE OR RECYCLE.
Before your cleanup week arrives, consider reusing, selling or donating items that are still in good condition. Take a trip to a local consignment shop, donate to your favorite charity, or try using one of these resources:
Visit RecycleWhere.org for additional reuse and recycling options. Their search engine will help you find the highest and best use for your unwanted items.
WHAT BELONGS IN THE MULTI-FAMILY ANNUAL CLEAN UP DEBRIS BOX?
- lightbulbs (incandescent only)
- mirror, tempered & window glass
- kitchenware (dishes, bowls, cups, etc.)
- carbon paper
- laminated items
- metallic wrapping paper
- paper used for cleaning (soiled)
- vacuum bags
PLASTICS NOT MARKED WITH #1 – #7
- 6-pack rings (please cut)
- plastic film & wrap
- plastic plates & utensils
- plastic drinking straws & stir sticks
- records, tapes & CDs
- shower curtain liners
- tape (duct, scotch, masking)
- personal hygiene items (soiled cotton balls etc.)
- rugs & mats
- shoes, clothing & stuffed animals (that cannot be donated)
- balloons (latex & mylar)
- clothes hangers
- feminine products
- foam & Styrofoam®
- hose (garden & rubber)
- pet feces and litter (bagged)
- rubber bands
- toothpaste tubes
- toys (that cannot be donated)
- wood (painted or stained)
NO E-WASTE, AUTOMOTIVE WASTE, OR OTHER HAZARDOUS WASTES
NO CONSTRUCTION, DEMOLITION OR LANDSCAPING MATERIALS
NO BULKY ITEMS INCLUDING LARGE APPLIANCES, FURNITURE, EXERCISE EQUIPMENT, MATTRESSES OR BOX SPRINGS
Please click here for the Multi-Family Annual Clean Up application,.
Please click here for a downloadable/printable PDF of this information.
Please click here for a downloadable/printable PDF of the “What Belongs in the Garbage”.