Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help residential customers make the most of available programs and services. Contact us to request hard copies.
- Residential Service Guide
- Kitchen Pail Instructions — Click here for instructions in Spanish
- Keep the Recyclable Stream Clean! Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- Searchable listing of items that belong in each cart
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
Newsletters & Postcards
- October – December 2022: Prevent Food Waste, Everyone Wins WIth Green Gifts, Holiday Service Schedule, and Binny Cartoon
- July – Sept 2022: The Livermore Sanitation Residential Curbside Collection Program, Service Reminder – Proper Cart Placement – Bike Lanes, LSI Quarterly Textile Recycling Collection, Holiday Service Schedule, Binny Cartoon
- April 2022 Go Plastic Free Postcard
- April – June 2022: Reduce Waste This Spring, After Reducing and Recycling, Do You Still Have Stuff?, The Livermore Citywide Garage Sale, Holiday Service Schedule, Small Changes add up to Big Changes in Reducing Waste, Binny Cartoon.
- January – March 2022: Start the New Year Right – Tips for Safe Efficient Service, New Recycling Law – Senate Bill 1383, This Year, Pledge to Waste Less, Holiday Tree Collection, Binny Cartoon.
- October – December 2021: Prevent Food Waste, Everyone Wins With Green Gifts, Holiday Service Schedule, and Binny Cartoon.
- July – September 2021: The Livermore Sanitation Residential Collection Curbside Program, Service Reminder: Proper Cart Placement, Avoid Bike Lanes, Textile Recycling Program, Holiday Service Schedule, Binny Cartoon.
- April – June 2021: Reduce Waste This Spring! The Livermore Citywide Garage Sale, On-Call Cleanup, Holiday Service Schedule, and Binny Cartoon.
- January – March 2021: Pledge to Buy Green, Start the New Year Right With a Perfect Set Out, Holiday Tree Collection Ends, Binny Cartoon.
- October – December 2022: Happy Clog-Free Holidays – Dispose of FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) Properly, Understanding Food Product Date Labels.
- July 2022: Repair, Reduce, & Reuse BEFORE you Recycle, Proper Sorting Keeps Recyclables Out of the Landfill.
- April 2022: Managing Garden and Yard Pests and Proper Paint Disposal
- January 2022: Organics Service Reminder, Prevent Stormwater Pollution
- October 2021: Understanding Food Product Date Labels and Manage and Dispose of FOG (Fats, Oils, and Grease) Properly.
- July 2021: Repair, Reduce, and Reuse BEFORE You Recycle, Stop Unwanted Mail, Proper Sorting Makes a Difference!
- April 2021: Managing Garden and Yard Pests, Proper Paint Disposal.
- January 2021: Organics Service Reminder & Minimize Stormwater Pollution.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information