NOVEL CORONAVIRUS UPDATE SERVICES PROVIDED BY LIVERMORE SANITATION:
Currently, scheduled collection services are not affected.
Please check back here for any updates or changes to this schedule.
As an essential service, the employees at Livermore Sanitation (LSI) will continue to work to provide the collection and processing of garbage, recyclables and organics for the City of Livermore. As we navigate this challenging time, help us continue to provide safe and efficient services. Thank you for your efforts.
KEEP OUR DRIVERS SAFE: properly sort your materials, make sure your container lids close to prevent overflow and litter, bag waste that may have bodily fluids on it and place in the gray garbage containers.
KEEP OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND BILLING STAFF SAFE, USE OUR WEBSITE TO: contact us, fill out service forms, get collection schedule information, set up or use your online account (select the red “Account login” button) to pay your bill, and more.
KEEP OUR NON-DRIVER STAFF SAFE: site visits shall be limited to essential purposes only (for example, following up on a safety issue). Site audits and instructional site visits and similar where non-essential interaction with customer staff or other members of the public is required are suspended until further notice.
We will continue to “roll on” to support our customers. Together we can stay safe and get through this!
Please have your containers ready for service between the hours of 6:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. on your regular collection day. If your containers are not serviced on their regularly scheduled day, we will return on the next service day. For health and safety, please make sure your collection containers lids close and bag all bathroom waste and any products containing bodily fluids and place in the garbage container.
The National Avenue location access to the public is discouraged so as to limit direct interaction. Please contact us by email or phone to arrange payment. We encourage you to use/create an online account to make payments or make service changes. Click here to access or create an online account.
Commercial container changes will be limited for the near-term, but we will honor service changes on the customer’s account.
Contact us if you experience any service issues.
For Alameda County updates, information, and guidance on COVID-19, visit here.
For CDC resources and information, visit here.
FAQ’s in regards to COVID-19
- Can I stop service provided by LSI?
- Weekly garbage service is required by State and local ordinance for occupied residences and businesses in order to maintain public health and safety.
- Our residence is generating more material (recycling, organics, garbage) now that we’re sheltering in place. Can I put bags of extra material next to my carts for removal?
- Please help keep our workforce safe by placing all materials within your cart or bin in order to minimize unnecessary contact with materials. If possible, please hold extra materials and place in your cart or bin for the next service day.
- I’m a business that is deemed “not essential” by the County’s Health Officer and now temporarily closed. Do I need to have service provided by LSI and/or pay my bill for past services provided by LSI?
- You may temporarily suspend service if your business closed. Please contact LSI by phone or email to make service level adjustments. You are responsible for paying for services provided by LSI.
- I’m a business that is deemed “essential” by the County’s Health Officer and still open but need we reduced service. How can I make this adjustment?
- You may contact LSI by phone or email to adjust your service level.
- Is the garbage service going to continue as normal during the SIP?
- Unless LSI’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure, garbage service is expected to continue as normal.
- What happens if LSI doesn’t have enough drivers to provide service?
- In the event LSI’s workforce is directly affected by COVID-19 exposure and reduced in number, then LSI will continue providing collection service by prioritizing materials collected. Organics and garbage have the highest priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses. Recycling has secondary priority for weekly collection from residents and essential businesses.
- Can I still schedule bulk-item pickups?
- Yes, bulky-item collection appointments are still being accepted at this time.
- Can I still request extra debris boxes?
- Yes, debris box services continue at this time.
- If my cart breaks, can I still get it replaced?
- Yes, cart (and bin) replacement services are available at this time.
- What can I do with e-waste – the normal drop off places are closed?
- LSI will collect e-waste as part of a bulky-item service at this time.