Publications & Resources
The following outreach materials were designed to help tenants and managers of Multi-Family complexes to make the most of available programs and services.
Contact us to request hard copies.
- Multi-Family Holiday Tree Collection Flyer
- Move-In Guide
- Move-Out Guide
- Service Guide for Multi-Family Complexes
- Multi-Family Program Reminders
- Multi-Family Kitchen Pail Instructions — Click here for instructions in Spanish
If you are interested in food scrap pails for your complex, please have your complex owner/manager contact us..
- Multi-Family Clean Up Program Info— please contact us for assistance with Multi-Family Clean Up Program.
- What Belongs in the Garbage?
- What Belongs in the Recyclables?
- What Belongs in the Organics?
- Keep the Recyclable Stream Clean! Reduce & Reuse, Before you Recycle!
- Searchable listing of items that belong in each cart
Billing Inserts and Postcards
- February 2023: Senate Bill 1383, recycling is required – we can help with compliance!
- January 2023: SB 1383 – California’s Compost and Recycling Law for Businesses and Multifamily Properties
- November 2022: Recycling and Composting is Required at Your Multi-Family Building and the 2022 Holiday Collection Service Schedule.
- August 2022: Keep Recyclables Clean, Sorting Starts with You!, Avoid Wishcycling, California Regulation Compliance Help.
- May 2022: Did You Know? Organics Collection Services are Required by the State & Free Tote Bags for Recycling Collection.
- January 2022: New Recycling Law, Senate Bill 1383
- December 2021: New California Compost & Recycling Law for Businesses and Multi-family Properties, Senate Bill 1383 – What Does this Law Mean for My Business or Multi-Family Property?, Food Scraps and Food-Soiled Paper Belong in the Organics Cart or Bin, Real Holiday Trees are a Renewable Resource, Holiday Tree Collection, Holiday Service Schedule.
- November 2021: Recycling and Composting is Required – We Can Help! Holiday Service Schedule.
- August 2021: Keep Recyclables Clean! Properly Sort Your Waste, Avoid Wishcycling, We Can Help With Posters, Trainings, and More!
- May 2021: Did You Know? Organics recycling is Required. Stop Unwanted Mail.
General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Livermore Public Works
- General Waste Reduction, Reuse & Recycling Information
- Environmental Protection Agency
Donation / Reuse
- Clothing & Household Items: Salvation Army, & East Bay Goodwill, & St. Vincent de Paul
- Miscellaneous Items
- Re:source – Alameda County’s Online Guide for Reuse, Repair, and Recycling
Gardening & Composting
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) / Electronic Waste
- Free HHW drop-off facility for Alameda County residents
- Find a certified e-waste recycler
- Asbestos Safety and Information