Multi-Family Service Guide
Help us provide safe & efficient service
- Properly sort your materials — it makes a difference!
- Make sure your collection containers are accessible on you service day. Do not block with vehicles or other obstacles.
- Prevent litter. Use a bag/box to contain small, lightweight items before placing them in any of you containers.
- Do not place items outside your containers. We have a special annual clean up program for Multi-Family complexes. Please have your property manager contact us for more information.
- Dispose of large amounts of liquid fat, oil & grease responsibly. For information on proper disposal, visit StopWaste.org/hhw or call 1-800-606-6606.
Proper sorting makes a difference!
Put Recyclables in the blue container.
- corrugated cardboard & paper boxes — large or multiple pieces should be flattened and/or cut.
- hard cover books — up to 40 lbs.
- juice, soup & soy milk boxes
- junk mail, catalogs & phone books
- magazines & newspapers
- shredded paper — contain in a paper bag or box
GLASS BOTTLES & JARS
ALUMINUM & METAL
- aerosol cans — empty
- food and soda cans
- scrap metal — pieces up to 40 lbs.
- bottles, jars & tubs labeled
- plastic bags — BAG-IN-BAG: When recycling multiple plastic bags, stuff one bag full of the others; tie off the full bag before placing in the recyclables. Single bags belong in the garbage. Protect the environment by refusing/reusing single-use bags.
Please removed batteries first.
- desktop speakers, keyboards, mice & modems
Put Organics in the green container.
Fresh, frozen, cooked & moldy.
- bread, rice, pasta, cereals & grains
- coffee grounds & tea leaves
- dairy products
- fruits & vegetables
- meat & bones
- nuts & shells
- pits, peels, skins & rinds
- coffee filters
- newspaper – used to line kitchen pail
- paper bags
- paper plates & cups (not plastic lined)
- paper take out boxes (not plastic lined)
- paper tea bags
- paper towels & napkins
- pizza boxes
- waxed paper & wax-coated boxes
- wooden chopsticks & utensils
- grass clippings
- small branches – less than 6 inches in diameter
- dimensional lumber less than 2 feet long — free of nails/hardware, paint, varnish, glue, & other chemicals
USE THE HANDY KITCHEN PAIL TO REDUCE WASTE!
Line it with newspaper, paper bags, or paper towels to help keep it clean. Empty it as needed into your green organics container at your complex. Rinse or wash with warm soapy water.
PLEASE DO NOT OVERLOAD CONTAINERS — LIDS MUST CLOSE
NO DIRT, SOD, ROCK, CONCRETE OR BRICK
Put Garbage in the grey container.
- ceramic & Pyrex®
- incandescent light bulbs — NO FLUORESCENT, CFL, or LED
- kitchenware — dishes, bowls, cups, etc.
- mirror, tempered, & window glass
- dryer sheets
- laminated items
- metallic/embellished wrapping paper
- paper used from cleaning — not food-soiled
- vacuum bags
PLASTICS NOT MARKED WITH
- 6-pack rings — please cut
- plastic cups, plates & utensils
- plastic film, wrap & single plastic bags
- plastic straws & stir sticks
- records, tapes & CDs
- snack packaging
- balloons — latex & Mylar
- clothes hangers (plastic & metal)
- diapers & wipes
- hose — garden or rubber
- personal hygiene products
- pet feces & litter — bagged
- rubber bands
- shoes, clothing, textiles, rugs & mats
- toothpaste tubes
- wood — stained, painted, sealed & treated
REMEMBER, IT’S ALWAYS BETTER TO REUSE, RECYCLE, COMPOST OR DONATE THAN TO DUMP IN THE LANDFILL!
NO RECYCLABLES OR ORGANICS
NO CONSTRUCTION OR DEMOLITION MATERIALS
Please contact your property manager or owner with any service issues or inquires. For general program information, contact us.
To download and print this information, click here.